Healthcare is one of the largest industries in Indonesia which is why it is also one of the most appealing economic sectors having a great contribution to the country’s Gross Domestic Product. In the next years, the Indonesian healthcare sector is expected to mark an annual increase of 12%.
Foreign investors who want to open companies in the healthcare sector in Indonesia will find many business opportunities. Our company formation agents in Indonesia can help foreign entrepreneurs who want to open healthcare businesses in this country.
Table of Contents
Activities in the healthcare sector in Indonesia
Opening a healthcare business in Indonesia implies activating in one or more fields which is why this sector is so attractive. Among the activities a healthcare company can undertake in Indonesia are:
- manufacturing of medical devices, pharmaceutical, and para-pharmaceutical products;
- research and development activities of medical and pharmaceutical products;
- pharmacies, hospitals, drug stores and other businesses which sell medical products;
- medical facilities which can operate in the famous touristic resorts in Indonesia.
As a matter of fact, health care and tourism go hand in hand in Indonesia and foreign investors can open various types of resorts that integrate clinics. If you want to immigrate to Indonesia and start one of these two businesses, we can help you.
Registering a company in healthcare in Indonesia
Foreign entrepreneurs who want to open companies in the Indonesian healthcare sector must comply with specific requirements and invest a specific amount of money which leads to the sustainable economic development of the country.
The PT PMA – foreign-owned limited liability company – is the most suitable option for foreigners setting up companies in Indonesia and once the company is registered one of the following licenses must be obtained:
- a medical devices registration license from the National Agency of Drug and Food Control;
- a pharmaceutical license issued by the same Agency of Drug and Food Control;
- a hospital license issued by the Minister of Health in Indonesia;
- a medical devices distributor permit issued by the Health Sciences Authority.
For full information on the requirements related to opening a company in healthcare in Indonesia, please feel free to contact our local consultants. If you want to immigrate to Indonesia, alone or with your family members, we can help you.